Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New Music: The Weeknd and Frank Ocean

Hey readers! So if any of you guys follow me on twitter (@SoFarVon) you know that I love music and pop culture. I wanted to share some new music that I can't stop listening to.

The Weeknd (weird but cool name right?) is definitely a new artist to watch out for. Real name Abel Tesfaye is a 20 year old singer/songwriter from Toronto and part of that new age of R&B that features cool moody and electric sounds. A mix between The Dream and Drake.

 The Morning and High For This are a couple of tracks that love.  Download his entire mixtape "House of Balloons" for free HERE and listen HERE.


 
As soon as I got put on to Frank Ocean, I couldn't stop listening. 23 year old Cali based
songwriter/vocalist is part of Odd Future and I must say his lyrical talent is amazing. Mr. Ocean has even been seen in the studio working with Beyonce. His mixtape is not just ordinary R&B, as it features different genres such as indie and alternative rock.

Two of my favorite tracks are We All Try and Novocane read more about Frank Ocean HERE and download his mixtape "Nostalgia, Ultra" for free HERE.

 Hope you guys enjoy!!







No comments:

Post a Comment