Sunday, January 16, 2011

DiorShow 360 Mascara: Gimme it! or Gimmick?


I'm a big fan of clump-proof, long-lasting, and reasonably-priced mascara, especially the kind that lengthens and gives me va va voom DRAMA! Dior recently launched its DiorShow 360 Mascara ($36), an innovative new wand that spins 360 degrees to coat lashes and also thicken, lengthen, and curl.


So, the big question is "Does it work??" Hhhmmmm...


As an avid makeup and beauty lover, I'm not a follower of the hype. I work as a Beauty Advisor and I've seen better mascara at CVS. As a matter of fact, I am absolutely in love with Maybelline's Lash Stilletto! Dior's wand does, however, coat and thicken, but I just think the 360 degree spin brush is a gimmick, not really giving you that "false lash" look that is seen on the model promoting the product. I've tried it, and my lashes look the same as if I put on the regular DiorShow mascara or the Lash Stiletto...just my opinion! Don't get me wrong, I love DiorShow, but this here is just another way for you to spend $12 more on a mascara that doesn't quite fulfill its promise of fantasy lashes.

This is how your lashes should look with the new 360 mascara:


Applied false lashes at its best! Nice try though!

Your opinion?
*M


No comments:

Post a Comment