Monday, January 7, 2013

I Cleaned Out My Jewelry Chest!!



Hey guys! Hope everybody had an awesome weekend! I finally got around to cleaning out my jewelry chest. This chest is one of my most sentimental possessions--it belonged to my grandmother. I must admit, I am a jewelry-aholic, so I own so many odds and ends. Vintage jewelry and consignment pieces are my favorites!!! They're so classic and can be worn dressed up or down. Yvonne thinks she's slick! I've noticed one of my necklaces in one of her style posts! Smh! But she rocked it very well!

I've been on a mission to clean out my trunk and I'm finally got around to doing it. It was a chore because I had to organize each piece from bracelets to earrings. It was fun, though...I found stuff I forgot I even had!


Organization:
First, categorize types and lay out pieces to see what you have so it will be easier to organize inside your chest. Having multiple drawers will allow for better space and storage room.

Designate drawers for each type of jewelry. Bracelets will have their own drawers, earrings their own etc. Depending on your chest and how much space you have, it's okay if you mix types...such as bracelets with necklaces, just make sure you lay out necklaces and stack bracelets.





Do what's best for you and your space:
It's your chest, so do what makes you happy! However you locate pieces or want to organize your space, be creative! It might be a good idea to separate vintage jewelry from more contemporary pieces. All in all, this should be a good project to de-clutter your stuff. You never know what goodies or treasures you'll find!



No comments:

Post a Comment